Sunday, February 20, 2011

New England's Winter - Flat, windy and cold, but very beautiful.


Pirate's Cove


New England and I have had a very extreme relationship ever since I stepped foot here 2 or so years ago. My first summer experience happened to be, in FACT, the worst summer recorded in New Hampshire's history. I believe this is true because I was told by numerous locals triple my age. It rained for the best part of May, June and July. I've just witnessed my first winter so trust me, this is a BIG deal! 


Portsmouth

Summer 2010 just so happened to be the BEST summer ever. It might not have gone down in the history books but as far as I was concerned, it was the best damn summer I had ever had in New England. Hot sweltering days, waves, great new people, terrific! Finally Christine could say, with pride, "this is what we mean by summer". 


Like I mentioned above, I'm busy experiencing my first New England winter, and in true tradition, its a record breaker, of course! While I was in New York I believe they reached the all time snow fall record. I'm not sure of how much snow was needed to break it but the city was brought to a stand still at one stage. Pretty awsome! The New England winter has been a real experience. Nothing quite gives you more appreciation of the warmth of summer than a couple months of a real northern hemisphere winter. June, July couldn't come quicker and I reckon this summer is going to be another for the record books in more ways then one!


Jenness Beach





No comments:

Post a Comment